Notice to Readers...

We appreciate your feedback! If you try any of the recipes we post. Let us know what you think of them. What is your story? How did you change it to make your family happy? We love to hear what you think!

January 26, 2009

Darin's Super Scrumptious Spaghetti

Darin made this spaghetti for me on our second date & I joke with him that I fell in love with him for his spaghetti. (which of course isn't true - I love the man and the sketti)


Ingredients:

1 - 16 oz package Spaghetti
1 - can Spaghetti sauce any flavor
1 - can Italian diced tomatoes
1 - green bell pepper (diced)
1 -red bell pepper (diced)
1 - med. onion (diced) - I prefer a sweet onions or the purple kind
1 lb Mild Italian Sausage (you can use hamburger if you prefer)

Directions:
Brown Sausage in a skillet.

In a separate skillet grill the onion and peppers till slightly caramelized.



Add them to Sausage after it is fully cooked.

Add Sauce and Tomatoes. Mix Well. Let simmer while you boil spaghetti
I usually add a little salt to the water and 1 tsp E.V.O.O. while spaghetti cooks.

Drain but don't rinse (helps the pasta absorb more of the sauce).  You can either add spaghetti directly to sauce or put back into pot with 1 tsp of E.V.O.O. mixed in and serve separately.  I was cooking for a large group when taking these photos so I missed getting the pasta (maybe I'll add later) - that is also why it appears to be more in skillet then what recipe calls for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post!