Notice to Readers...

We appreciate your feedback! If you try any of the recipes we post. Let us know what you think of them. What is your story? How did you change it to make your family happy? We love to hear what you think!

August 15, 2009

Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Credit for this wonderful and fun recipe goes to a friend of Melodies - Thank you for letting us share this Chocolaty Delight. Its fast and Easy!

You will Need:
1 –Large 2cup Cocoa Mug (Microwave Safe)
4 Tbs Flour
4 Tbs Sugar
2 Tbs Cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbs Milk
3 Tbs Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Tbs Chocolate Chips (optional)

Combine flour, sugar and cocoa in the mug and mix well with a spoon.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and vanilla and mix well. If you are using chocolate chips – Add them now and stir again.Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will start to rise over the top of the mug but this is normal. Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. You can drizzle with chocolate sauce or icing if desired.
Best if served warm – Eat it alone or have fun sharing.

Known to be the most Dangerous Cake around 
because its only 5 minutes from scratch to your mouth!
I look forward to trying some variations. The first time I made this I didn't have any chocolate chips or cocoa - so I used Hot Cocoa Mix in place of the cocoa. It was good but still needed something. I tried it again adding 2 Miniature Special Dark Hershey bars (all I had), cut into pieces and I added an extra Tablespoon of hot cocoa mix. This turned out a lot better.

I want to try it with no chocolate and add flavoring, like Lemon or Strawberry. Other fun things to add would be Cinnamon or Ginger and I'm sure there are many more. I'll let you know how that turns out.

2 comments:

  1. So I was blog stalking tonight and found your blog, some great recipes I can't wait to try! I made this cake recipe real quick and everyone tried it, it was a HIT! Our two youngest daughters are going off to BYUI in a few days and will add this to their recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found us Beth. Hope your girls have fun with this one. If you find any varations that work out good please come back and let us know.
    And goodluck girls in BYU!

    ReplyDelete

We Love to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post!