This is another Pampered Chef recipe. Can you tell I like them? I actually love their products even more than their recipes. The stones are so awesome, I bake on them almost everyday (as you can see by how dark they are in the pictures).
Pepperoni Pizza Twist
1 package (3.5 ounces) pepperoni slices, diced
1 can (3.25 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Dice pepperoni. Chop olives using. Snip parsley using kitchen shears (I used dried parsley).
In a bowl, combine pepperoni, olives, parsley, mozzarella cheese, flour and garlic (I used granulated garlic because I didn't have any garlic cloves); mix well.
2. Place bread dough, seam sides up, on smooth side of a cutting board. Using a knife, slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle additional flour evenly over dough. Using a baker's roller, roll dough crosswise to a 4-inch width, creating a well down center of each loaf. I use my pizza dough recipe.
3. Spoon half of the pepperoni mixture down center of each loaf. Gather up edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal. Place loaves, seam sides down, in an "X" pattern on a rectangle stone. Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure "8," keeping ends of dough 1 inch from edge of stone and leaving two 1 1/2-inch openings in center of twist. I would recommend adding some tomato sauce w/ seasoning inside--it was good, but pretty dry & I think the sauce would make it better. I also forgot to add the black olives--had them chopped, just forgot to put them in.
4. Separate egg over small bowl. (Discard yolk or set aside for another use.) Beat egg white and seasoning mix; lightly brush over dough. Using serrated bread knife, cut a 3-inch slit in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal filling. Instead of the seasoning mix, I just put Italian Seasoning in mine.
5. Grate Parmesan cheese over loaf. Bake 30-32 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes. Cut into 16 slices. Serve with warm pizza sauce, if desired.
For the greatest Pampered Chef consultant contact Kelly!