These are some of my favorite cookies. If you like peanut butter cookies, you'll love these.
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 1/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
Hershey's Peanut Butter Kisses
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together and form into balls. I use my Pampered Chef small scoop & it's just the right size.
3. Place on ungreased pan 2" apart.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Then open oven & put a kiss on each cookie & press down just a little bit, then bake for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
This recipe will make about 2 dozen cookies. I usually double or triple the recipe since we have a large family, we like leftovers & I usually give some away.
A few tips:
1. If you try to move the cookies from the pan too soon after taking them out of the oven they will break. This is the case with pretty much every cookie recipe. Wait for about 5-8 minutes.
2. Make sure not to overcook the cookies, or they won't be as soft & the kiss will burn.
3. These cookies are best when warm. So when you're craving that cookie the next day just pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds & it softens & warms the cookie just enough to make the kiss melt in your mouth. Yum! Enjoy!