Notice to Readers...

We appreciate your feedback! If you try any of the recipes we post. Let us know what you think of them. What is your story? How did you change it to make your family happy? We love to hear what you think!

November 19, 2008

Dinner Rolls!

I just made these rolls tonight. This was my first time using this recipe! I've tried several & this is the one I like most, so far. Here's the recipe:

Dinner Rolls

2 Tbsp. yeast
1/2 c. warm water (105-115°)
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 c. hot water (120-130 degrees)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter/margarine
2 eggs
2 tsp. salt
7-8 c. flour (mine took 9 cups)
soft butter
Mix together yeast, 1/2 c. warm water & 2 Tbsp. sugar. Let sit for 10-15 min. to proof (gets all fluffy). Whisk in large mixing bowl 2 c. hot water, 1/2 c. sugar, butter, eggs & salt. Add yeast mixture (after it's proofed). Add one c. of flour at a time. Let dough rise in greased bowl for one hour. I usually pour a little bit of olive oil in a large bowl to grease it, you can use canola or veggie oil. Shape into balls. I kinda rolled them into balls & then took a little time to make them smooth on the top by just pulling the top around to the bottom, until the top was smooth.
Bake at 350 degrees for 16-22 min.
I had to adjust my oven to 375 for 18 min. (my oven tends to be a little cooler than some).
I only let my rolls rise for about 20 min. until my dinner was done baking.
They still rose quite a bit in that 20 min.

1 comment:

We Love to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post!