Notice to Readers...

We appreciate your feedback! If you try any of the recipes we post. Let us know what you think of them. What is your story? How did you change it to make your family happy? We love to hear what you think!

June 08, 2009

Quick Pizza Melts

I got this recipe from Southern Fried Mama. Sorry for the pictures on this post, I guess I was too busy making this recipe that I didn't pay attention to the fact that the pictures were a little blurry.

Quick Pizza Melts


2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni, sliced
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 cup pizza sauce, if desired (optional)


1. Heat oven to 375°F Grease cookie sheet. On cookie sheet, unroll 1 can of dough into 1 large rectangle. With floured rolling pin or fingers, roll or press dough into 12x9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.


2. Spread 1/4 cup pizza sauce over dough to within 1/4 inch of edges. Top with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.


3. On 14-inch length of parchment paper, unroll remaining can of dough. Press to make 12x9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. While holding paper with dough, turn dough upside down to cover cheese. Remove paper.

Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano. (I recommend that you don't spill the oregano on top like I did). I tried to brush some off but it just stuck to the dough, so I waited until it was done & then I was able to brush it off then.)
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand on cooling rack 5 to 10 minutes. Move to cutting board. Using pizza cutter, cut into 16 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally. Serve with 1 cup pizza sauce.
We liked this, but I think next time I'll try using pizza dough instead of crescent rolls. I think I would like the taste a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post!