Notice to Readers...

We appreciate your feedback! If you try any of the recipes we post. Let us know what you think of them. What is your story? How did you change it to make your family happy? We love to hear what you think!

January 06, 2009

Chicken Enchilada's


This recipe I got from my sister Bridgette!

My dear, sweet husband Kent made this for us last night which might give those that know him a heart attack because he NEVER makes anything from scratch.  If you can't pull it out of the freezer and stick it in the oven he doesn't make it!

He was such a sweetheart to help me because I was so busy re-writing my essay for my English class that was due yesterday.  I realized as I was ready to start my conclusion that I wrote the whole thing wrong so I had to start over.

In the midst of my cramming to finish my paper I completely forgot to take a picture.  So I will try to remember to take a picture next time I make these and attach it here.  This recipe is very yummy and most of my kids (the ones who don't decide that they don't like it before they've even tried it) loved it!

Easy Chicken Enchilada's

(I finally got that picture taken)
2-3 lbs. cooked & cubed chicken
3-4 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
30 corn tortilla's-approx
1/2 c. salsa
shredded cheese (a lot~you can never have too much cheese!)
1 can olives, optional

Preheat oven to 350°.
Mix soup, sour cream, salsa and olives together until well blended, then add cooked chicken. I cube and cook my chicken in a skillet on the stove, adding my favorite seasoning that has no MSG in it, Mrs. Dash!  This is your sauce!  Layer corn tortilla's in a 9x13 pan (I cut mine into quarters first~I don't really know why that's just how my mom taught me to make enchilada's ~actually they do fit in the pan better this way).  Then layer sauce all over the tortillas, then a thin layer of cheese.  Continue to layer until the pan is 3/4 full!  Make sure to add a good amount of cheese on top.  Bake at 350° for 30 min. or until cheese is melted.

It's best to add your own homemade salsa, but store bought works well too!

1 comment:

We Love to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post!