I know the name sounds terrible but it's not as bad as what our mom used to call these. This yummy potato dish got it's name from being such a popular dish that is served at almost every LDS (Latter-day Saint) funeral there is. It really is a great potato dish that I'm sure your family will love. There are actually several versions of Funeral Potatoes so this is my version.
8 lg. or 12 sm. potatoes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
salt & pepper to taste
1 Tbs. Mrs. Dash
1 pint sour cream
1 c. grated cheese
crushed potato chips (about 2 cups crushed)
1. Peel & cube potatoes, then boil. Drain water & put potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix in soup, sour cream, cheese & seasonings in with potatoes.
3. Mix well & pour half of mixture into 9x13 baker.
4. Sprinkle more cheese over then pour rest of mixture in pan & sprinkle more cheese on top.
5. Sprinkle crushed chips all over potatoes.
6. Bake at 450 for 20-25 min. Enjoy!